Meet Arvind, awesome member of the Performance Marketing Team. He is in charge of digital campaigns for our five markets. He thinks everyone can be their own hero and would love to have dinner with Remy from Ratatouille.
How long have you worked at Joblift?
I joined Joblift in September 2017, so a little over a year.
What did you do before Joblift ?
I finished my MBA at HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management.
What do you like best about working at Joblift?
Joblift has the most open working environment that I’ve seen amongst any company that I’ve worked with. The feeling of togetherness, of being one big family really appeals to me and inspires me to do more.
What’s the coolest thing you’re working on right now?
Everything we do is interesting. At the moment, we’re working on automation and targeting users based on the weather of their location.
If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
The power to sleep whenever I want! I really like watching superhero movies but I’ve never really wanted to be one myself. I think we are how nature intended us to be, and if this is the extent of our capabilities, then so be it. The world does not need a superhero. We just need to recognise the humanity in ourselves. If we can improve ourselves one day at a time, we’re already better than what we were, and that is our true superpower.
You’re Indian. What is the one city outside of India where you can find the best Indian food?
I’m extremely picky about my food, that’s probably the one stereotype that fits me best! I would say New York has some really good Indian restaurants, if you can find your way around and know which is authentic and which is not.
Which five characters living or dead, real or fictional, would you like to have at your dinner table?
- Neo (Keanu Reeves in the Matrix series): I’ve been a big fan of this movie and this character since childhood. I’ve recently came across a fan theory which has captivated my imagination and I want to ask him if this theory is true!
- Remy (the rat from Ratatouille): The finest animated character I’ve ever seen, a true landmark in animated films.
- Bruce Banner (not the Hulk): True science guy, someone whom I can identify with quite easily.
- Hugo Weaving: Quite possibly the most versatile actor I have ever seen, I truly admire his work. And of course, because he is Agent Smith from the Matrix.
- Hermione Granger: True nerd, my favourite character of the Harry Potter series.